Saturday, March 24, 2012

Information Collection - 9 | Meeting with Mr. Amit Kharsani - 2

I went to Mr. Kharsanis house, where he showed me various works of calligraphy by esteemed calligraphers like Prof. R.K. Joshi, Achyut Palav, Prof. Mohanty, where they had compiled a book called "Aksharyog".  In 1976, IDC had held a series of calligraphy workshop which Mr. Kharsani had attended. The outcome of this workshop, was compiled into a book called "Aksharyog". These are some of the works.












































 You can find the rest of the album HERE

 I was keen on finding out, what is the difference between a calligrapher and a handpainter. How do calligraphers and hand painters make use of letters to form their artwork was the one question that I am studying for analysing my project.

Is the thought process calligraphers use while doing an artwork different than that of a handpainter or handpainters are just copy artists is a question to be asked !